Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Triangles! ...and a goodbye.

Hi everyone,

Welcome back for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

This week's challenge focuses on something super trendy right now: TRIANGLES!!! The design team is featuring product from The Crafter's Workshop (who makes fabulous dies and templates)!

Here's my card:


 
For my card I used the Mini Kaleidoscope (triangles) template to dry emboss my white background using the instructions I shared HERE. I then used the stencil to trace triangles onto various pieces of patterned paper before cutting them out and adhering them to my card.

Supplies:


I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge! Up for grabs is a $50 gift voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store thanks to sweet Heidi! For all the details and to see what the other designers have come up with please check out the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog HERE.

50dollar_voucher_600px

I'm sad to say this will be my last week as a DT member of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I've been taking on more duties in different areas of my life over the past year and we are also working like crazy to get our house ready to sell. Between those 2 things something had to give. Unfortunately this is that something. :( I will continue to work with Simon Says Stamp in my role as Card Kit Artist so I hope you'll continue to stop by.

I want to say a great big thank you to Lols, Heidi, Steph, and the entire SSS Wednesday Challenge DT for being so wonderful to me over the past year. Working with you all has been a true blessing.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

11 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful card, Sarah! I love that you embossed the triangles and also that you cut some of them out with patterned paper! So creative!

Have a great day!
Laura xxx

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cool card! I love how you used the stencil for embossing!

Melissa Bove said...

Amazing card Sarah! You have such a fab way of putting things together!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sarah :-) I love how you used the template to emboss and the whole design is FAB !! I love the way you did the sentiment on the tag too :-)

We will all miss you on the team Sarah :-( I hope your house move goes well,, without too much stress xx Good Luck :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lucy Schmidt said...

Such a lovely card and great techniques used to construct it. Your posts at SSS will be missed, but I'm sure we're all hoping you'll drop in now and then. Life has to be taken a day at a time and decisions need to be made to figure out what's best for your current life events. Good luck on the home sale and whatever else you're facing.

Heather said...

A fabulous card Sarah, your embossing is sensational, a love your tag and the great elements.

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

So sad to see you leaving us here, but glad to know that we can visit anytime at your blog. Best wishes and many happy years in your new home, my friend!!

Froggietalks said...

I will miss your weekly art Sarah. Take care of yourself :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super cool design, Sarah! I love how you popped out the extra pieces! We will miss you on the team! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Pat said...

What a cool card!

I give you a lot of credit for being on the DT this long! As a homeschooler, too, I know how demanding life can be. (And I can't believe a new year is about to start!!!!) Glad we'll still be able to enjoy your work, though...

debby4000 said...

Love how you've used the stencil for embossing and those triangle are so tiny to cutout, so you must have plenty of patience, fabulous card.
luv
debby