Friday, February 3, 2017

SSS Greatest of These is Love

Hi everyone,

I hope your February is off to a great start! I thought I'd pop by and share a couple of cards made using the new (and restocked) Simon Says Stamp Clipping Heart Die along with a couple of newly released sentiments (see full supply list at the end of this post).

For my first card I made the Clipping Heart image my focal point:


I die cut Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock with the Clipping Heart Die and adhered all the pieces back together on a card front. I then coloured the heart outlines and hearts themselves with a white Prismacolor pencil crayon before adding other pencil crayon colours to the hearts as well. I added some Tonic Sea Breeze Nuvo Jewel Drops and once they were dry I added a heat embossed sentiment  taken from Simon's Love Is Background Stamp with foam adhesive.

For my second card I used the Clipping Heart die to create a background:


I die cut a whole bunch of the heart outlines and adhered them to my card front. I then die cut various 6x6 papers using the same die and randomly added the hearts in place. Finally, I die cut 3 pieces of Simon's Black Cardstock using their Love Die and adhered them together to the card for some added demension.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah

Supplies (with affliate links at no extra cost to you:


7 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous cards, Sarah! Love the die cuts!

Lucy Schmidt said...

I don't think I'd have ever given a heart die of any kind a second look if it wasn't for your beautiful cards. Thanks for 2 great ideas.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!! LOVE the kraft with the colours!!

Anonymous said...

Both of these cards are fabulous! I especially love that you took the sentiment for the top card off a background stamp. I would never have thought to do that...so clever!

Thanks for sharing!

Pam K

Rhodé said...

Beautiful cards! I love the heart-dienamics!

Windy said...

Love the look of these cards. Great idea to take the sentiment from a background stamp.

McStamper said...

Love your cards. Kraft is always a favorite of mine and I love your ideas.